CFL Football DOS Version Installation
The CFL game is downloaded as a ZIP file with the name CFLnnnD.ZIP where
nn is the version number. The current version number is 1.10 so the file name is CFL110D.ZIP. To install the program:
That is it. If you are using Windows, you will probably
want to create a shortcut on the desktop to run the game.
The main executable file is CFL.EXE.
The ZIP file contains the following files:
- Download the ZIP file into a blank directory / folder such as C:\CFL
- ?Unzip the file using a utility such as Winzip.
The files contained in the ZIP file are:
If you already had a previous version of the program (e.g. 1.08) it should
be safe to just copy the unzipped files overtop the older files. I would,
however, recommend that you back up the old files to a floppy or another
directory on your hard drive just in case, especially if you are in the
middle of a replay. The ZIP file with the game does not contain any seasons.
These have to be downloaded separately. See the link on the
download page for instructions on how to install seasons.
- CFL.EXE - the main program
- CFLSTATS.EXE - for viewing the cumulative stats, standings and leaders
- MANAGER.EXE - used for creating or modifying seasons
- CFL.DAT - a data file that contains the list of installed seasons
- GAME.DAT - a data file needed by CFL.EXE
- CFL.DOC - more detailed instructions and information on the program in
Microsoft Word format
- README.TXT - quick installation instructions