The Encyclopedia of CFL History
Winnipeg Tammany Tigers
Colours: Black and Yellow
Founded (first year as Senior team): 1913
Grey Cups Won: 0
Grey Cups Lost: 1 (1925)
All Time Roster
- 1910 - The Tigers appear to have formed as a junior football team. On October 15, 1910 the Tigers played the St.John's and lost 17-6. It was the first junior game in MRFU history.
- 1911 - The Tigers expanded their program to include an intermediate team.
- 1912 - Several references to the team as the Conservative Tigers (only year that Conservative is associated with the team name).
- 1913 - The Tigers made their debut a senior team. Finished in a three way tie for first place - lost in tie-breaker.
- 1915 - The Tigers were the last senior team standing in the MRFU. No league play occurred although there was one game played against the Canoe Club.
- 1916-1918 - The Tigers operated junior and juvenile teams. The team is often called the Tammany Tigers starting in 1916.
- 1919 - The Tammany Tigers return to intermediate company.
- 1920 - The Tammany Tigers field a senior team.
- 1925 - Tammany Tigers are Western Champions - lost 24-1 to Ottawa Senators in Grey Cup.
- 1927 - Tammany Tigers are Manitoba Champions - lost 17-2 to Regina Roughriders.
- 1929 - Last season as the Tammany Tigers. Finished in a tie for first place with the St.John's - Tigers lost in a tie-breaker.
- 1930 - May 14, 1930 the Tammany Tigers are renamed the Winnipeg Rugby Club.
[Team history courtesy Chris Sinclair]